Last updated: March 24, 2017
Information Coastal Clique Collects
Coastal Clique, LLC collects information to provide a more efficient service to all our users. We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us. For example, when you interact with our Site by making a purchase or subscribing to an email list, we can ask for information including the following; personal information, like your first and last name, company name, email address, postal address, phone number, and credit card number. We also collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Information Coastal Clique, LLC gets from your use of our services
Coastal Clique, LLC collects data about how you and your device interact with Coastal Clique, LLC and our services. For example, we collect:
- Product use data. We collect data about the features you use, the items you purchase, and the web pages you visit.
- Device data. We collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to our products. It includes data about the operating systems and other software installed on your device. It may include IP address, device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones), regional and language settings.
- Error reports and performance data. We collect data regarding the performance of the products and any problems you experience with them. This data helps to diagnose problems in the services you use, and to improve our service and provide solutions. Depending on your service and settings, error reports can include data such as the type or severity of the problem, details of the software or hardware related to an error, contents of files you were using when an error occurred, and data about other software on your device.
The Purpose for which Information is Collected
Coastal Clique, LLC uses the data we collect for two basic purposes, described in more detail below: (1) to operate our business and provide (including improving and personalizing) the services we offer, and (2) to send communications, including promotional communications.
Providing and Improving Our Services. We use data to carry out your transaction and to provide our services to you. We also use data to diagnose service problems, troubleshoot issues, and provide other customer care and support services. We use data collected to continually improve our services, including adding new features or capabilities, such as using error reports to improve security features and determining what new features to prioritize. Data is also used to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
Communications. We use data we collect to deliver and personalize our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by email or other means to inform you when a new product is available, let you know about promotions, remind you about items left in your online shopping cart.. Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Coastal Clique, LLC by email.
Reasons We Share Personal Data
We may share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to provide our services. When you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction. Coastal Clique, LLC may use from time to time a limited number of third-party service providers, contractors, and other businesses to assist us in providing our solutions to our customers or for the purposes described in this statement. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
Compliance; Protection. We will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal data, including your content when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of BigCommerce, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services.
Accountability for Onward Transfer
If Coastal Clique, LLC discloses Personal Data covered by this Policy to a non-agent third party, it will do so consistent with any notice provided to data subjects and any choice they have exercised regarding such disclosure. Coastal Clique,LLC will only disclose Personal Data to third-party agents that have given us contractual assurances that they will provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the principles underlying the Privacy Shield (the “Principles”) and that they will process Personal Data for limited and specific purposes consistent with any consent provided by the individual. If Coastal Clique, LLC has knowledge that a third party to which it has disclosed Personal Data covered by this Policy is processing such Personal Data in a way that is contrary to this Policy and/or the Principles, Coastal Clique, LLC will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop such processing. In such case, the third-party is liable for damages unless it is proven that Coastal Clique, LLC is responsible for the event giving rise to the violation.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it — unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.